Sunday, December 21, 2008

"She even reads for pleasure!!" - Joey, Friends - Season 9



Here are some of the books I can't wait to dig into:





Catch 22:


"Catch-22 is a satirical, historical novel by the American author Joseph Heller, first published in 1961. The novel, set during the later stages of World War II from 1943 onwards, is frequently cited as one of the great literary works of the twentieth century." - Wikipedia.org





I want to read this book for the same reason I struggled with 'Old man and the sea"... if you are a literary masterpiece... I gotta know why. I also kinda subscribe to the premise that you should go into far only if you have to, not just to show that you are heroic.





Three Cups of Tea:


"One Man’s Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time" - the book's cover



A little reminiscent of the Kite Runner... I love to cry over books.

The Five People you meet in heaven:

"The Five People You Meet in Heaven is a novel by Mitch Albom. It recounts the life and death of a simple yet dignified old man, Eddie. After dying in a freak accident, Eddie finds himself in heaven where he encounters five people who have significantly affected his life, whether he realized it at the time or not." - Wikipedia.org

This book has been around for so long.. I cant believe I still haven't read it.. Every time I'm about to pick it up on the airport.. there is a new John Grisham that is vying for my attention.

More to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home